Pediatric physiotherapy is an important part of the care of children. It can help to improve range of motion, strength and endurance, as well as pediatric patients’ overall physical functioning.
In addition to helping children with specific medical conditions, pediatric physiotherapy can also be helpful in preventing future disabilities.
If you are a parent or guardian and are wondering if pediatric physical therapy in Edmonton is right for your child, please speak to your doctor about whether this type of therapy would be beneficial for your child.
Image Source: Google
There are many benefits to seeing a pediatric physical therapist.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), children who receive regular physical therapy have better mobility, stronger muscles, and improved joint function. Additionally, pediatric physical therapy can help children with conditions such as cerebral palsy, asthma, and ADHD.
Physical therapists work with pediatric patients to help them recover from injuries and improve their overall health. Here are some of the benefits of pediatric physiotherapy:
1. Pediatric physical therapy can help children with chronic pain conditions such as asthma, Crohn’s disease, and fibromyalgia.
2. Pediatric physical therapy can help improve movement and function in children with cerebral palsy, developmental disabilities, and cerebral palsy spectrum disorders.
3. Pediatric physiotherapy can also help children who have difficulty breathing due to asthma or allergies.
4. Physiotherapy can also help children with joint problems, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Pediatric physical therapy can improve strength and flexibility in children, which can prevent future sports-related injuries.